Straight Ally Patch - How To
What you will need:
- A ruler
- A marking tool
- A sewing machine
- Acrylic Paint (or fabric paint) in each color of the rainbow, and black
- Paint brushes - Flat 1/2 inch; Fine round brush.
- Sewing Needle
- Fabric of your choice (It can be white, or any color since you’ll be painting over it)
- Cut out 4 rectangles from your fabric of the same size.
- Do asmall basting stitch in the center of the rectangle to hold everything together.
- With your marking tool and ruler, mark your fabric off into 6 equal sections
- Paint each section a color of the rainbow. (This may take a few coats.)
- After letting it dry completely, do a zigzag stitch around the whole rectangle 3 times (or until it’s how you like it).
- With black paint, and a fine brush, paint on ‘ALLY’.
- Let dry completely and then using the same color thread you zigzag stitched with, sew your patch onto whatever you like! (Note: When sewing your patch on, sew within the zigzag stitching -if that makes sense-)